If you’re the victim of another’s negligent driving, be prepared. Take the following steps if you’re involved in an accident:
- Gather as much information about the other driver(s) as you can including name, address, driver’s license number, license plate number, and insurance information.
- Talk to witnesses and collect names, addresses, and whenever possible license plate numbers.
- Obtain the name, badge and precinct number of the investigating police officer and request the case control or accident report number.
- Take down the address or location of the crash scene and note other information about traffic, weather and road conditions. If you think road design or maintenance played a part in the motorcycle accident, record that as well.
- Document information about the motorcycle accident itself, such as how the accident happened, who is at fault, street layout, presence of the traffic signs and signals, etc.
- Get photos of the scene, the vehicles, skid marks, and debris in the road, and anything else you think might be pertinent to your case.
It is very likely that you will have many questions after a motorcycle accident. Common questions include:
- Who decides who is at fault for a accident?
- Do I have a valid motorcycle accident claim?
- What is the process of a personal injury claim for a motorcycle accident?
- What does my insurance policy cover and not cover?
- Who is responsible to to pay my medical bills?
- I’m in pain but I don’t have a doctor. Where should for medical treatment?
- The insurance company is calling me, should I talk to them?
- What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage and how does it work?
- What can I do if the other driver has no insurance?
- How much does a personal injury attorney cost?
- Can I handle my personal injury claim myself?
- How should I choose a personal injury attorney?
Our personal injury attorneys at Ladenburg Law answer these questions every day for injury motorcyclist in Tacoma, Seattle, Olympia, and the rest of Washington. It is free to talk to an personal injury attorney at Sadler Ladenburg so please call and get all your questions about motorcycle accident claims answered. Do not talk to any other driver’s insurance company, make a statement, or sign any documents before discussing your rights with an attorney.
Visit our results page to see how we’ve helped other accident victims.
Call us here at Ladenburg Law. We are accomplished in all types of vehicle accident claims, including Motorcycle Accidents. Come in for a free consultation to discuss your rights.