If you or someone you love has been seriously hurt in a motorcycle crash, the attorneys at Ladenburg Law are here to help. It’s free to speak with a Tacoma motorcycle accident lawyer from our team. In fact, we will only charge a fee if we’re able to win you a settlement.
Motorcycles make up 3% of the registered vehicles on the road. And yet, motorcyclists are 29 times more likely to end up in a fatal crash. They’re also almost 5 times more likely to end up injured than passengers in car crashes.
There are key differences between motorcycle and car accidents. We keep these differences in mind whenever we help motorcycle accident victims.
Our Tacoma attorneys understand the unique needs of motorcyclists when it comes to making an insurance claim. During these difficult times, we urge you to rely on our expertise.
In a crash, a motorcyclist is no match for a vehicle. A rider is exposed to direct contact with the other vehicle, debris, and the road. As a result, it’s not uncommon for our clients to have experienced severe and life-impacting injuries.
Some common motorcycle crash injuries include:
Many times, a motorcyclist will require urgent and extensive medical attention following a crash. This could include an ambulance ride to the emergency room, hospital stay, x-rays, surgery, and ongoing physical therapy.
Here are the steps we recommend you take right after a motorcycle accident. In some situations, we recognize that you might not be able to do all (or any) of these. Getting immediate medical care always comes first!
But, if you’re able, please do the following (or ask a witness to help):
Again, do not delay in getting medical care! If your injuries are serious or life threatening, visiting the emergency room might make the most sense. Otherwise, see your primary physician or chiropractor as soon as possible – ideally, the same day. It’s important for your claim to document the extent of your injuries and the medical care required.
Motorcycle accidents are costly. Here are some of the damages we’ll fight to recover for you:
Every situation is unique. Sometimes, there may be multiple defendants responsible or multiple insurance policies we can file claims against. Our attorneys will work hard to maximize the dollars that end up in your pocket.
Yes; you should still call a lawyer, even if the motorcycle crash was partly your fault.
Washington is what’s known as a comparative fault state. This means that if you’re partly to blame for the accident, you can still receive compensation, but it will be reduced by the percentage you’re found at fault.
For example, suppose you were found to be 25% responsible for the collision. This would make the driver that hit you on the hook for the other 75%. In this scenario, your total settlement would be reduced by 25%.
There's no cost and no obligation when you speak to a lawyer from our team. Take advantage of this and learn what legal rights you have for your situation.
Road hazards, such as debris, are common causes of motorcycle accidents. In these situations, you may not know who’s to blame.
Even so, you may still have options. For instance, if you have uninsured motorists coverage on your policy, you might be able to file a claim with your own insurance carrier. We might also discover that a city or other party may be held liable for not addressing road hazards. In this situation, we could file a claim against a municipality.
In general, these types of claims are more complex than a traditional motorcycle vs. driver crash. Your best bet is to reach out to an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Sometimes, a defective product can cause an accident. That product could be the motorcycle itself, a part, or a modification.
These cases need expert help because it’s not easy to discover a product defect and bring a lawsuit against a manufacturer. The good news is that our Tacoma attorneys have successfully handled many defective product cases over the years.
No matter who or what caused your motorcycle accident, we would like to speak with you to see if we can help.
We’ve written quite a few posts about motorcycle accidents, as they are unfortunately all too prevalent on our roads. You may find reading some of these posts helpful to gain a better understanding of bike crashes:
When you’re facing a serious injury, it’s important that your settlement is more than adequate to cover your medical expenses. Too often, we see insurance companies make very low offers that would leave victims unable to pay for all their required treatment.
Please call us. A Tacoma motorcycle accident lawyer could assess the true cost of your damages and fight for a fair settlement from your insurance company. We’re prepared to take any case to trial if need be. Let us help take some of the burden off your plate so you can focus on your health and healing.