Olympia Car Accident Lawyer
According to WSDOT, there were 1,179 car crashes in Olympia in 2019 alone, which resulted in hundreds of injuries. An Olympia car accident lawyer can help if you’ve been a victim of a car wreck. The attorneys at Ladenburg Law have a proven track record of winning settlements that help victims, just like you, put their lives back together after an accident.
Call today to get started on your case.
Common Risk Factors for Crashes
While many factors can contribute to a car accident, there are a few themes we see over and over in our law practice.
Most auto accidents can be prevented by avoiding these three risky driving behaviors:
- Driving under the Influence. Roughly one third of all fatal car crashes involve drunk drivers. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that one person in the US dies every 50 minutes due to a drunk driver.
- Speeding. Speeding also accounts for about a third of fatal car accidents. Not surprisingly, this risky behavior is often tied to others. For instance, a speeding driver is also likely to not be wearing a seatbelt.
- Distracted Driving. Cell phone usage tops the list of distractions, but anything that takes a driver’s eyes off the road is a danger. For example, other distractions could be playing with the radio, eating, or interacting with other passengers.
Was the at-fault driver engaging in any of these behaviors? If so, we can assist you.
Proving Liability in a Car Crash in Olympia
Understanding who is at fault can play a big part in obtaining a settlement. Here are a few ways we can help you prove who’s responsible:
- Police reports. A police report can be key to learning who or what caused the accident. Our attorneys are also curious to note if any traffic infractions were issued at the scene.
- Witness statements and dash cam evidence. Witness statements can be useful, particularly when they line up with other key evidence. More and more drivers have dash cam videos, which we’re starting to see play in more cases.
- Traffic laws. Some accidents, such as rear-enders, demonstrate that traffic safety was not being followed and are clearer to prove negligence.
- Your own statement and photos. We encourage our clients to write out a detailed statement of what happened as soon as they are able. Take as many pictures (even with a cell phone) to document road conditions, car positions, and injuries before this evidence is lost.
- Accident investigation and reconstruction. In some situations, our attorneys can involve experts to help reconstruct the scene of your accident to determine liability.
Our car accident attorneys have helped many clients in Olympia determine liability and win settlements. Even if the facts aren’t clear or other driver is disputing their responsibility, call us. We have methods of finding out what happened.
What if I’m Partially to Blame for the Accident?
Washington is a comparative fault state. In other words, you may still be able to collect compensation, even if you’re partially to blame. For instance, suppose a jury decides you are 30% responsible for your accident. In this case, your total settlement award will be reduced by 30%.
The First Step is to Call us Today
It’s always free to have your case evaluated by one of our skilled Olympia car accident lawyers. We also never charge for our services unless we win you a settlement.
If you can’t make it into the office, please let us know and an attorney will meet you at your home.