Federal Way Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer
Unfortunately, nursing home negligence and abuse is an all-too-common occurrence. If this sounds like your situation, call a Federal Way nursing home negligence lawyer. Our team has helped victims receive settlements for nursing home abuse and neglect. For this reason, we urge you to contact us for assistance in filing a claim.
What Kinds of Injuries Happen at Nursing Homes?
While most nursing home injuries are the result of negligence, others are intentional acts of abuse.
Here are some of the injuries we’ve seen in the course of our work:
- Bedsores: A tell-tale sign of neglect, bedsores happen when patients aren’t rotated on a regular basis. Bedsores can cause serious infection or even death.
- Falls: Improper railings, slippery floors, and problems with medication can all lead to falls. For an elderly patient, a fall can be a serious event resulting in broken bones and limited mobility.
- Malnutrition: This happens when a patient does not receive adequate water or food, or the right types of foods. Malnutrition can impact a patient’s strength, skin, eyes, and even cognition.
- Medication errors: Sometimes, staff will over-medicate patients to sedate them. Other times, under-staffing and communication errors lead to medication mistakes.
- Physical, sexual, and emotional abuse: Among the worst injuries inflicted on the elderly are intentional acts of abuse.
What Should I Do if I Suspect my Loved One is Being Abused at a Nursing Home?
It’s important that you act quickly if you believe that your loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse.
Here are some steps we recommend you take:
- If you’re able, visit more often and involve yourself with their care.
- Speak up to nursing care administrators and care staff about your concerns.
- Document what you’re seeing and interactions with staff. Take photographs.
- Consider moving your loved one to another care facility.
- For the State of Washington, report suspected abuse to DSHS by calling 1-800-END-HARM (562-6078).
We also recommend you involve a skilled nursing home negligence lawyer as soon as you suspect abuse. We can offer legal advice specific to your situation.
Do I Have a Valid Nursing Home Negligence Claim?
Every case is unique, which is why we want to offer you a free, no obligation consultation about what happened.
During our meeting, we’ll want to learn:
- The type and severity of injuries your loved one has sustained
- The impact (physical, emotional, financial) of the injury
- If this was a one-time event or pattern
- Any/all medical treatment your loved one has received
- Length of stay at this facility
- General impressions and interactions with staff
If you’re unable to come into the office, we’re happy to meet you at your home or other preferred location.
A Qualified Attorney Can Help With your Nursing Home Abuse Claim
It’s difficult and complex to bring a case against a nursing home. The nursing home will have legal representation; you should, too.
Some of the services we provide our clients include:
- Gather evidence: We know how to dig into inspection records, video surveillance, medical reports, and more. Our attorneys are thorough and know what kind of evidence matters most to build your case
- Contact experts: We locate witnesses and experts ready and willing to testify on your behalf
- Prepare for trial: While we are often able to settle outside of court, we prepare to take every case to trial
- Personalized service: At Ladenburg Law, we’re with you every step of the way. We recognize that this is a difficult time in your family’s life and are ready to accommodate you however we can
While we can’t undo the pain you or your loved one experienced, our hope is to bring justice to your situation.
Call a Federal Way Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Today
We never charge for an initial consultation about your case. And, you pay us nothing unless we win you a settlement. Please reach out to a Federal Way nursing home negligence lawyer from our team today.